“Since our previous announcement regarding the COVID-19 pandemic response, our circumstances have escalated rapidly. Health Canada has now raised the health risk to Canadians as High. The Ontario government has also taken several unprecedented measures, including mandatory closures of all non-essential businesses and restrictions on gatherings of 5 or more people. The CPU has strongly recommended that all provinces postpone all meets scheduled up to May 1st.
The OPA has worked with meet directors to postpone all meets scheduled to June 1, 2020 indefinitely until further notice. At this time, we are strongly recommending that all meet directors for competitions scheduled until July 1, 2020 postpone their meets immediately.
The safety and well-being of our competitors and volunteers is our top priority. We want to ensure that we avoid the possibility of additional stress being imposed on those trying to prepare for an upcoming competition in these times of uncertainty. We will continue to closely monitor the response measures taken by government agencies and will continue follow the recommendations of our public health experts. On or before April 15th, we will assess our circumstances and will determine whether to impose a mandatory postponement of all meets scheduled through June 2020 and beyond.”
- March 28 – Waterloo Region HS – CANCELLED
- April 8 – Hamilton Region HS – CANCELLED
- April 18 – Vault Spring Open – CANCELLED
- April 23 – Peel Region HS – CANCELLED
- May 8 – Belle River HS – CANCELLED
- May 9 – Power Pit – Moved to Sep 26th
- June 13 – 2020 Niagara Open – CANCELLED
- June 14 – Toronto Pro Show – Unknown
- June 20 – Ottawa Summer Showcase – Unknown
- June 27 – London Open – Moved to August 29th
- July 11 – Toronto Summer Cup – Unknown