The OPA is seeking proposals from independent proponents to service the OPA as supplier of various OPA branded clothing and apparel. Open
to any Ontario Company with the deadline for submission being 4:00 pm EST on March 23, 2018.
Click here for details.
Weight Class Deadline is January 29th at 11:59pm MST.
Important details you need to know:
-This deadline applies to all athletes, whether you compete on the first or last day of the Championship.
-If you want to make a change, email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org. I won’t take any change requests via FB or IG.
-Please change your weight class as soon as you know you’re not going to make weight. This will assist our team in finalizing the lifting schedule quicker.
A bit of context to this rule:
At the CPU AGM in 2017, new bylaws around changing weight class forNational level events were voted in. The new bylaw reads:
6.30: At CPU National Championships, the IPF rule of no weight or age class changes within 21 days of the event will be observed.
Therefore, this is the first year that this rule will be implemented. The consequence for not making your weight class is that you will not be allowed to lift. While this is new for National level competitions, this is exactly how international-level events have been organized for years, including any North American Championship, World Championship, Arnold Sport Festival, and the like.
BENEFITS OF BEING AN AFFILIATED CLUB OF THE OPA:
– Only registered clubs can enter as a team in a contest
– Clubs can play a part of promoting powerlifting in their community
– Clubs are provided visibility on the OPA website
– In order to represent a club, a member must train with the club on a regular basis
(at least once per month)
– No member may compete under a club name unless that club has taken out an affiliation.
– An athlete that does not belong to a club must enter a contest as an unattached lifter.
– Club affiliation must be renewed annually. Validity runs January 1 – December 31.